Introducing our Captain
As promised here’s our first interview, and we’re starting with Team Captain Dave Scivill:
1. Which team do you look forward to playing the most and why?…
Peterborough Phantoms. I’d just love to beat the best team in the league
2. What is your personal aim this season?
Work hard, train hard, play hard
3. Favourite food?
Chicken with anything
4. Favourite band or musician?
Metallica or Limp Bizkit
5. If you could attend any sporting event in the world, what would it be?
Stanley cup final
6. Why/How did you become a Steelking?
Whilst in hospital at the spinal unit in the Northern General hospital, recovering from a motor bike accident in 2003, I was reading a magazine about sports for people with disabilities and saw a guy in a sledge playing sledge hockey. I thought there and then that’s what I want to do. I was playing wheelchair basket ball at the time and was told they were starting a sledge hockey team up at IceSheffield well that was it first day of training I was there and the rest is history.
7. Most embarrassing moment on the ice?
Having to ask for my training bottoms to be pulled up because my ass was showing
8. Who is your favourite hockey player (sledge or normal) and why?
Sledge – Bryan Hackworth (Sheffield Steelkings & GB #20).
Ice hockey- Jason Hewitt (Sheffield Steelers #17).
9. If you could be another teammate for a week who would it be and why?
Bryan Hackworth- because he plays for team GB and he’s played around the world against some of the best teams in sledge hockey
10. Who is the funniest teammate?
11. What is your favourite website
Facebook or Amazon
12. Who is your dream date?
There’s only 1, my wife Julie
13. Who’s the best dressed in the team?
Jake and John Oakley
14. What training drill do you dread the most?
Time trials- trying to beat the time I did last time
15. One word to describe you?
Thank you Dave, next week we have Jake Oakley