Continuing our mini series about the players and staff, allow me to introduce you to Mark Colquitt:
1. Which team do you look forward to playing the most and why?…
Manchester, My debut Game was against them last year so I’m looking forward to their revisit
2. What is your personal aim this season?
My aim for the 2016 season is to assist Bryan in not conceding goals and try to get a clean sheet. Also try and get a few goal assists
3. Favourite food?
Steak Pie, Roast Potatoes and Yorkshire Puds with Bread Sauce
4. Favourite band or musician?
5. If you could attend any sporting event in the world, what would it be?
The Ashes test match at Lords
6. Why/How did you become a Steelking?
in 2014 I watched Sledge Hockey played in Sochi at the Winter Paralympics. I found the Steelkings after seeing them on BBC Look North in February last year and came along to try it out
7. Most embarrassing moment on the ice?
My most embarrassing moment on the ice was before I’d learnt to turn and found myself heading towards the goal…
8. Who is your favourite hockey player (sledge or normal) and why?
My Favourite hockey players are the Cryer Brothers (Matt & Si) who inspired and encouraged me to take up the sport and Sheffield Steelers #28 Zack Fitzgerald as we share team numbers and I like his team first attitude
9. If you could be another teammate for a week who would it be and why?
I would like to swap with Bryan as he’s such an important and essential and hard working team player.
10. Who is the funniest teammate?
We have a great team full of great characters but Capt. Dave makes me laugh with his banter and his mischief on the ice.
11. What is your favourite website
12. Who is your dream date?
My Dream date would be with Gillian Anderson aka Dana Scully, Stella Gibson and Dr. Bedelia Du Maurier
13. Who’s the best dressed in the team?
Best dressed, without a doubt are the Oakley’s, their suits are amazing!!!
14. What training drill do you dread the most?
I enjoy the scrims. I struggle to keep up with the more complicated drills up and down the ice.
15. One word to describe you?