We hope you’re all enjoying the bank holiday weekend, and that the Easter Bunny is kind on Sunday, in the meantime, allow me to introduce you to Rachel Paget
1. Which team do you look forward to playing the most and why?…
I don’t have a preference as to who we play really. I enjoyed all our games last season, but it was great to see the Oakley rivalry brewing between ourselves and Manchester.
2. What is your personal aim this season?
Just to be better all round really, to be faster, pass/ shoot better, increase stamina/ exercise tolerance. I’d also like to help increase the numbers in our team, as this will key to future success.
3. Favourite food?
Cake! Has to be cake..mmmmm! Or Lindor chocolates! I have a really sweet tooth!
4. Favourite band or musician?
Ah too many to mention really; anything from Passenger, Jimmy Eat World, Imagine Dragons, New Found Glory, Panic at the Disco, Sum 41. Mostly into rock/ punk rock but enjoy a bit of dance music, stuff in the chart on a night out.
5. If you could attend any sporting event in the world, what would it be?
Attend an NHL game! I still haven’t seen my Montreal Canadians play yet! Would love to see the Winter Olympics too, as I enjoy watching most winter sports.
6. Why/How did you become a Steelking?
My other half and team mate (Jake Oakley) had found out about the Steelkings on Twitter, suggested we give it a go, and then I wasn’t allowed to leave!
7. Most embarrassing moment on the ice?
Pfft again, too many to mention.. many a time I have careered into Bry, an empty net or the boards when attempting to stop. Wiffed the puck a fair few times too. Often fall over, push myself back up and top myself over the other way!
8. Who is your favourite hockey player (sledge or normal) and why?
In this country it has to be Tony Hand (the reason I wear 16) he’s the only British player to almost make the NHL. He was my favourite Steeler growing up.
9. If you could be another teammate for a week who would it be and why?
Have to be (Mark) Colquitt, then I’d know why he was always late plus he has chickens! Omelette for breaky every day!
10. Who is the funniest teammate?
Baz – he gets upset that I can catch him now, so he bullies me! Or tries his dirty tactics e.g. slashing my sticks out of my hands. It makes me chuckle!
11. What is your favourite website
Facebook, NHL or Amazon
12. Who is your dream date?
Hmm tough one! Tyler Seguin, Ryan Renynolds or Aljaz from Strictly
13. Who’s the best dressed in the team?
Well it has to be the Oakleys, they have a suit for every occasion!
14. What training drill do you dread the most?
Don’t really dread any drill! Enjoy doing the speed drills, always good to feel the burn! Prefer a scrim to drills to be honest, it tends to bring out the competitiveness in everyone.
15. One word to describe you?
Trier – not always successful but I always put effort into every training session or game.