There are a lot of changes currently going on at the Steelkings, and we’re all working hard to be ready for the season which for us starts on 15th May at 16:15, we hope to see you all at IceSheffield for what promises to be an interesting game against our friends from Manchester.
In the meantime however we continue our mini series about the players and staff, allow me to introduce you to the first of our non-playing staff members, Stephen Smythe:
1. Which team do you look forward to playing the most and why?…
Any team so we can beat them.
2. What is your personal aim this season?
To promote Steelkings and sledge ice hockey more.
3. Favourite food?
Fish and chips, ( we used to have a fish and chip shop).
4. Favourite band or musician?
5. If you could attend any sporting event in the world, what would it be?
The Stanley Cup Final
6. Why/How did you become a Steelking?
I met the team at a Steelers game, the rest is history
7. Most embarrassing moment on the ice?
1st attempt at sledge ice hockey and last
8. Who is your favourite hockey player (sledge or normal) and why?
I have no favourite player but admire everyone that plays.
9. If you could be another teammate for a week who would it be and why?
Anyone that plays so I could play.
10. Who is the funniest teammate?
11. What is your favourite website
Steelkings of course.
12. Who is your dream date?
13. Who’s the best dressed in the team?
It has to be John and Jake.
14. What training drill do you dread the most?
Freezing at the side of rink lol.
15. One word to describe you?